EZdrummer flipping out on me

arcadeko

Illuminatius Overlordious
I use EZdrummer (as a plug-in within Cubase LE4) controlled by a Roland TD4 drum kit when rehearsing and recording.

At least once per session, ez drummer flips out and just starts drumming by itself (I think its usually a loop of the last few hits). But the midi connection seems fine and even if I mute the track or remove the track it keeps going. I usually have to restart Cubase and sometimes reboot the PC completely to get it to work again :mad:

anyone run into this problem before?

not sure if it matters but I'm running Vista 64bit and using a Midi-to-USB cable from my drum set to the PC

When I use to record my VSTi's as instrument tracks I use to have an issue with their sound changing on me during playback after I closed and opened projects. :eek: Almost like they were all having a filter put on them. Whether it was drums, strings, synths, whatever... Only with external plug-ins though. Not Cubases built in stuff.
Not sure what caused it :(.
Luckily I discovered my "send trick" and that has solved all of my problems.

I downloaded the latest patch so maybe that will fix it.

The weird thing is - I can't figure out where exactly the problem is coming from - it could be cubase but even when I mute the track and the master out it still plays - so i dont think its the midi - i think i tried unplugging the midi cable and it didn't help.

gonna try today and see if the update fixed it

well it hasn't happened again since I updated so hopefully Keith is at rest now
Funnilly enough, I read a book about 27 years ago that questioned whether Keith was 'at rest'. I lent it to this guy and he vanished and I didn't see him for about eight years. Then he walked into a place I was at, totally unexpectedly and I called out "Ash !" and he didn't remember me but he seemed mightilly uncomfortable when I remembered him and his sister and I laughingly said "you've still got a book of mine". I was only joking because it was actually a retrospectively shitty book. I didn't want it back. But I've not seen him again. That was in '95. He could be at rest for all I know.

Back