External cd player

JLinardi

At the moment we have an extremely simple setup. We record hip hop vocals over the beat and we use cool edit 2.0 witha sound blaster 5.1 sound card.

Anyway we play the beat on cool edit when recording over it, however this creates a problem that coole dit records the beat "inside" the computer so even if the mic is switched off the beat is still being picked up and recorded and therefore shows up on the acapellas. I jus wondered if there is something we can play the beat on externally, connecnted to the computer which will also allow us to record over it. Would we need to change software to something like pro-tools or reason? thanks.

where do you get your beat track from? is it a wav file that you import into cool edit? or are you playing the beat in some other program like media player and recording vocals in cool edit? if it's the first case, i remember there was a post in the cool edit forum about the first track bleeding into the second track, maybe that post can help you out.

In theory though, it should work just fine. I have imported a .wav of a drumtrack into cool edit many times and recorded an instrument track, free of any drum bleed with success.

it could also be a property of your soundcard that you need to switch. i think in sound properties there is an option called "record what you hear" or something along those lines. you might have to change that .

yes we import a wav file into the multi track of cool edit, i will check the cool edit forum for that post. Thanks.

Back