Eurorack UB1202 mixer to sound card of computer

I have the manual for the Xenix 1002fx/1202fx right here, along with the 1002fx block diagram. I remember I went through the Behringer example setup and thought it was a crock. Anyway, in my manual, it says the tape out parallels the main out - but it seemed there was something screwy about this tape loop

I totally agree! I don't think it works right at all. If I don't have the tape out from the mixer going to the computer...nothing gets put in there...even with the mains going direct to the line input of the computer! :(

My realtek onboard came with a virtual "record what you hear" driver enabled. That allows anything playing to show up on the record channel

I'll look around on something like that for mine...but I've spent quite a bit time in there as well. Thanks!!!

I totally agree! I don't think it works right at all. If I don't have the tape out from the mixer going to the computer...nothing gets put in there...even with the mains going direct to the line input of the computer! :(

That's usually what we record from(main out), though. hahaha My new Behringer 2442 will be here in a day or two, and I won't be looking around for the 1002fx to see what works.

I can understand you wanting to run from the OBS card but this will be fraught with problems

IF you are in UK and IF you have a spare PCI slot in your PC I have an M-Audio 2496 card you can have for free. (gets you MIDI as well!)

Dave.

I'll look around on something like that for mine...but I've spent quite a bit time in there as well. Thanks!!!

I had to right click on the record devices panel in Vista's Control Panel/Sound to enable "show all devices"

I had to right click on the record devices panel in Vista's Control Panel/Sound to enable "show all devices"

Thank you sir. I'll check in the new OS I'm running. I was using Vista on my old machine as well. I'm so old school that I'm still getting used to Windows 10 pro. Thanks for the info!

I can understand you wanting to run from the OBS card but this will be fraught with problems

IF you are in UK and IF you have a spare PCI slot in your PC I have an M-Audio 2496 card you can have for free. (gets you MIDI as well!)

Dave.

Thanks for the offer Dave...but unfortunately I'm in midwest U.S.A. :( Appreciate that though! :)

Thanks for the offer Dave...but unfortunately I'm in midwest U.S.A. :( Appreciate that though! :)

Ok, well if/when you DO consider getting an interface it will almost certainly have to be USB 2.0 and since you have the mixer there would be no better choice IMHO than the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6. It has 2 v good mic preS but the mixer could also feed the two extra line inputs and give you 4 discrete audio tracks* . The mixer of course could send a 4 mic stereo mix, basic drum kit setup mayhap?

*Plus MIDI and S/PDIF.

Dave.

Ok, well if/when you DO consider getting an interface it will almost certainly have to be USB 2.0 and since you have the mixer there would be no better choice IMHO than the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6. It has 2 v good mic preS but the mixer could also feed the two extra line inputs and give you 4 discrete audio tracks* . The mixer of course could send a 4 mic stereo mix, basic drum kit setup mayhap?

*Plus MIDI and S/PDIF.

Dave.

Thank you sir!

FINALLY found the problem. Downloaded Realtek drivers and had to go in and bump up the playback level (which was set to 0 for some strange reason) up to max. Everything seems to work ok now! GEEZ what a headache!! Thanks everyone for their help and advice!!

FINALLY found the problem. Downloaded Realtek drivers and had to go in and bump up the playback level (which was set to 0 for some strange reason) up to max. Everything seems to work ok now! GEEZ what a headache!! Thanks everyone for their help and advice!!

Glad you are sorted. Something to watch for tho'? Some DAW software can alter the settings of the soundcards (there is usually a way to lock this off or on). Don't know what Reaper does (got it, paid for, never use it!) but it would be wise to swiftly check the soundcard settings before embarking on each masterpiece.

And! I will keep slugging away! You don't get such problems with a decent USB interface!

Dave.

Glad you are sorted. Something to watch for tho'? Some DAW software can alter the settings of the soundcards (there is usually a way to lock this off or on). Don't know what Reaper does (got it, paid for, never use it!) but it would be wise to swiftly check the soundcard settings before embarking on each masterpiece.

And! I will keep slugging away! You don't get such problems with a decent USB interface!

Dave.

Thanks Dave! Yes...the audio interface is the next thing I will get...and soon. I ,just for the life of me, couldn't figure out what was going on with this thing. Will probably get a Focusrite or Steinberg interface very shortly.

Back