Eurodesk to netbook?

tigressfair

Hello. I wanted to record audio directly from our sound board into my laptop. I have no idea how I would even begin to do this. We have a eurodesk mx2442a. I have an acer aspire one netbook. It has a headphone jack and a built in webcam, but no mic jacks. Any ideas or suggestions to get me started?

built in sound is crap (on any laptop)

you need a usb audio interface.

but netbook is pretty limited - especially if low ram

I got my son's Toshiba netbook to run small projects but only after upgrading to 2gb of ram.

Right now I am recording using my cell phone lol. I have a mic headset that is usb, but was wondering if there would be a way to use the head phone jacks or anything like that. My old laptop had actual mic plugs, this one doesn't, and I am confused. It has a built in mic for the webcam, just not sure if I can tap into it somehow.... I don't need it to be magical, just talking over a mic. We only have one mic being used at this time, if that helps. Oh and its a wireless mic. Sorry for being so clueless about this, my thing is more html not audio; but I am what we got at the moment so I am trying to make it work :) Thank you in advance and sorry it took me so long to reply.

Another option, I may have access to a laptop with a mic port... would I be able to do it that way?

Back