the end of Saw

Jerry Kahn

wow. after a year of agonizing over what system to upgrade my home recording setup with, I finally settle on getting 'SawStudio' softtware. So, I buy and build a PC, get the soundcard I wanted, get a nice converter and ... voila... IQS goes out of business. No more SawStudio!

Needless to say, I was flabergasted. Their website had an apology for closing the company due to an unclear reason (buyout ?). I panicked, and after some desperate emails to the company I was relieved to find out that for a limited time they were still willing to sell me the older SawPro (and I think Saw32 too and 2 SAW plugins) at "liquidation" prices. Immediately I jumped at it, and got SawPro, plus 2 plugins, and a tutorial CD, all for around 500 clams, which was about a quarter of what I would have ended up spending on the new version. Anyway, I got the software, just installed it, went through the tutorial, and fooled around a bit with it. So far, it seems to be everything that people here said it would be.. in short, awesome.

Phew.

-jk

I'm glad its worked out for you. SAWPro is a wonderful product.

Though IQS is no more and the older products are no longer supported, SAWStudio will continue in some capacity. Most likely in a turn-key system. More information on Studio is at www.sawstudio.com.

If you have support questions, there is a newsgroup with wonderfully knowledgable users. I don't have the address right now, but if you e-mail me, I'd be happy to get it to you.

Angie

Thanks Angie

I'll drop you a mail. I was wondering about a user forum. BTW, what do you think of the SawPro standard plugins? I briefly checked out the Varipitch that comes with SawPro, and the Reverberator, which I got seperately (I think it was around $40). My initial impressions were: Varipitch -- cool. Reverberator -- just ok. What's your take?

JK

Vari-pitch is pretty good in Pro. Its even better in Studio.

Can't comment on Reverberator as I've never tried it. Those who have seem to love it. There are some pre-sets available at one users site. Again, I'll have to look up the URL.
Angie

Well kiss my britches!!!

They let me upgrade to SawStudio!! I got the Lite version. My system is totally bitchin' now!! Thanks for the links Angie! Now I can die a happy man.

Back