Emeric, you Thunderbird + Delta?

redCashion

How has it performed? After scouring old messages I think I have decided to get the ASUS A7M266 mobo with a 1.4 Thunderbird. My soundcard is a Delta 44 and this sounds like a similar setup to what you have been using.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated,
thanks...

Hi,

No, I'm still using a PIII800 on a BX chipset.

I've considered going thunderbird, but waiting for the beta testers - you!

Let me know how it goes! Asus boards are a good start, have you checked with Midiman as far as any known issues with that exact motherboard and chipset?

Good luck

Actually, I have been in a great deal of contact with the support at Midiman because of the problems with my Delta 44 and my current mobo, a EPoX EP-8KTA+. I have had somewhat of a different experience with their tech support compared to others. I think the people I spoke with were really inept over there. For instance, they claim to have "no problems whatsover with any chipsets or motherboards". I am sorry, but from first hand experience that is garbage. Also when I was on the phone with them, I was talking about things that I had done to try and fix the problem, optimizations I had found on the web, and there were times when they tech support guy sounded like I was teaching him a thing or two. Basically, the only advice he was able to give me were very generally things like IRQ conflicts and removing any lingering drivers from prior soundcards....

Anyway, if I can't find single instance of someone using a TBird and a Delta 44 I may have to rethink my stance on this one and back out as guinea pig!

Back