Edirol UA-25 USB Audio Interface Output Hissing

Acoustic_Daddy

Hi guys.

I have been the following equipment;

- Edirol UA-25
- Samson Resolv50a Monitors
- Alto AMX-140FX

Now, For the past 2 years, i've been running the monitors through the mixer. The USB output, via RCA's, goes into the mixer, and then I have 2 x 1/4" guitar leads going to the monitors.

I always got a hissing sound through the monitors, and was told by the music shop that it was normal for powered monitors to hiss a bit. So i thought it was normal.

Well, after many hours of hiss, it's getting to me, so i decided to try and do something about it. Well, it turns out the Edirol is the problem.

I ended up getting a 1/8" small computer line out -> RCA, and replaced the RCA input on the mixer, from the Edirol, to the line out. Then, there is no more hissing. The hissing is completely gone, and the music is very clear coming from the speakers. So basically, that rules out any problems with the power cables/input cables to monitors/mixer.

My question is, does anyone else have output hissing issues?

I'm using quite good quality RCA cables from the Edirol to the Mixer, but it still has a distinct and annoying hiss.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Acoustic_Daddy, I have an Edirol Ua-25 Ex and I have just the same problem, it´s a common thing in Edirol Ua-25.When I bought It it didn´t had so much hiss as now, I can tell you that It´s an abuse!I´m sorry but I didn´t understand is that Edirol Inputs that have the hiss, or the output?because my outputs work just fine

Back