ECS K7S5A , how is it doing?

webstop

Several respected members of this BB have been using or planning to use this board with AMD XP.
Can you please post your exprience so far?

I am thinking of going this route too, if people report that it is a very stable set up. Anyone have any feedback?

so far so good...

If you get this MOBO, DO NOT skimp on the power supply, as that seems to be the cause of many owners problems... (pc not booting, not allowing FSB/mem speeds of 133, etc...

I'm setting mine up for use with my Aardvark DirectPro 24/96. I'd originally tried Win 2K, Aark beta 5 for 2K/XP. Couldn't get them to install (seemed like a problem with the install program, not the driver itself...). I then loaded the beta 4 drivers, which didn't exactly go smoothly, but I did get them installed. When I fired things up, I got a very high pitch whine in the left channel. That started a 2 day ordeal of trying to identify the hardware component making the noise. I could not put a finger on just where the noise was coming from. I was very close to attempting to RMA the MOBO, but I figured I'd install WinMe to make sure it was the hardware....

Well, it wasn't the hardware, as the Me install works fine... I've yet to put it through some REAL tests, but I haven't had a lockup yet.

I'm still using SDRAM, haven't dropped the $ for the DDR. The benchmarks that I've run look pretty damn good, tho...

Queue

Back