Echo Mia - ASIO -- Recording Problem!

rpc9943

Hi,

I just got an echo mia, and a radium 61key ... and im pissed off. First off, I am trying to record from within the card to route it into my digital in or something, some way so i could record my keyboard through any softsynth... So I just rigged it, yeah really bad idea, but I plugged a short rca cable from digital out to digital in... It works fine... any problems with doing it this way?

anyways im having MORE problems-- when i run any softsynth with ASIO, my cooledit pro/adobe audition, which is set at 44.1khz WILL NOT record anything. It says I can't... So if i use any other method (directx, etc) it works fine. But not ASIO. WHY NOT!!!!

frustrated....

RonC

Although the RCA cable will "work" you should really get a proper S/PDIF cable for that connection - You'll wind up with clicks & pops and the like sooner or later...

The ASIO problem is confusing me a bit... You do have the latest drivers and blah, blah... Right?

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

well yeah i downloaded the driver... I mean I don't get it. I try to record... and it wont let me. I really am at a loss to see why it says my sample rate is off...

here's cool edit / adobe audition's exact error message--

"the specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the Capabilities function to determine the supported formats. Try converting a sample type to a setting compatible with the sound card, or choosing a different device (eg. Wave Mapper) under settings/devices and try again."

I really don't get what the problem is.

I have my main sounds and the softsynth (be it buzz, psycle, modplug, or synthedit) asio routed to virtual inputs 1/2 , adobe audition's output to 3/4.

By the way, when i change to wave mapper or directx, it works properly again, and I can record it.

I found a utility that pops up my ASIO control panel and it pretty much says it's running at 44.1. So what is the problem? can someone help? I appreciate this immensely.

RonC

Last edited:
Back