Echo Audiofire12

Wouldn't work for me because it doesn't have S/PDIF. But I once had a Echo MIA card and it was excellent. They are up on their drivers and make good products. I don't see how you could go wrong with Echo Audio. Look how quick they had Vista drivers. Compare that to lets say MAudio, which use tobe good until Avid bought them.

I use pretty much every Echo box ever made. As to the AF12....very stable drivers whether for Xp or Vista. Great sound out to 192k. Multiple Audiofires work very well together in sync. If you need 12, 24, 36, 48, or 60 lines in/out at 192k, this is a good way to go...although I don't know of a firewire bus that can handle 60 i/o channels at 192k.

Want more variety such as headphone jack, universal mic/line/instrument inputs and spdif? Go with the Audiofire8 instead. You can stack a bunch of those and get just as much i/o ...limited by the bus of course. While the Audiofire8 gives you more i/o TYPES (+ headphone connection), the limit is 96k instead of 192k. Drivers are exactly the same for AF8 or AF12. You can't go wrong with either box. Just decide the kinds of i/o you want and buy enough boxes that give you the amount of channels you want.

BRDTS said:
I use pretty much every Echo box ever made. As to the AF12....very stable drivers whether for Xp or Vista. Great sound out to 192k. Multiple Audiofires work very well together in sync. If you need 12, 24, 36, 48, or 60 lines in/out at 192k, this is a good way to go...although I don't know of a firewire bus that can handle 60 i/o channels at 192k.

Want more variety such as headphone jack, universal mic/line/instrument inputs and spdif? Go with the Audiofire8 instead. You can stack a bunch of those and get just as much i/o ...limited by the bus of course. While the Audiofire8 gives you more i/o TYPES (+ headphone connection), the limit is 96k instead of 192k. Drivers are exactly the same for AF8 or AF12. You can't go wrong with either box. Just decide the kinds of i/o you want and buy enough boxes that give you the amount of channels you want.

recording at 192khz??? how many bits 48?

why do you need to record at such levels?

Back