Dual Record/Duel deck.

ron-e-g

I'm looking for a duel recording double well, CD recorder. I use to use one, at a church I did sound for occasionally. It was great because I could record the praise and worship on one side and then hit the change button on the other well, and record the sermon. Thereby recording the whole service for later duplication. Problem is... I don't remember the Mfg. of that unit. I can't seem to find anything in my searches now.

Anyone know of such a unit?

Thanks,

Ron

Solid state recorders are the usual hardware for that application these days. You can get memory cards big enough for long recording times. Import audio to a computer where you can do a proper job of mastering the project for CD. It's not that hard or time consuming. I can often get a set of music burned to a CD, with track markers and everything, during a set break.

Zoom H1 Ultra-Portable Digital Audio Recorder ZH1 B&H Photo

I don't know if they make these any more: Microboards Dual-Drive CopyWriter Live Audio CD Recorder » CD DVD Duplication, Replication, Printing, Media, and Equipment News

Thanks for your reply bouldersoundguy. So for a two hour service, I would use a SSR then transfer it to a DAW, and then how would I seperate it to record the extra time? I think the max for a CD is something like 80 min. Is that why you mention the markers?

A DAW can non-destructively edit and process you audio. You can use the same source file in multiple projects, for example the praise and worship in one and the sermon in another, and edit the audio in each to just what is needed. Nothing is lost, each project just shows and plays the part of the audio needed. You can add fades, track markers (so people can cue up specific parts of the CD), equalization and more. Editing out dead space between songs is a breeze. You can put a mastering limiter on the master bus to achieve commercial loudness if you want. Once it's done burn a disc and put it in your usual duplication setup.

You could also get an audio interface and record directly into a computer.

Got Ya, bouldersound guy. I would connect the Master or stereo outs from the mixer to the SSR, Record the entire service, then load the files to the DAW of my choice, and do all the normal editing there. I would... (or could) separate the P&R from the sermon on separate tracks, then render them separately to mp3, or whatever.
Is that about right?

Got Ya, bouldersound guy. I would connect the Master or stereo outs from the mixer to the SSR, Record the entire service, then load the files to the DAW of my choice, and do all the normal editing there. I would... (or could) separate the P&R from the sermon on separate tracks, then render them separately to mp3, or whatever.
Is that about right?

Yep. You would want to render them to wave format for archiving, but you can make mp3 copies from the wave masters for posting online.

Thanks for your input, bouldersoundguy.

And thanks for the English lesson, Dr. :thumbs up: I realized that after my initial post. But...couldn't edit the subject box, so figured why bother with the rest!

Thanks for your input, bouldersoundguy.

And thanks for the English lesson, Dr. :thumbs up: I realized that after my initial post. But...couldn't edit the subject box, so figured why bother with the rest!

Back