dual monitors

nuss

can anyone help point me in the right direction as to how to set up dual monitors with cubase? any help would be great!
Thanks in advance!

What you need are the following:

1) Two video cards, or a single video card with two monitor outputs (I think ATI and Matrox make one...but I've heard that at least the Matrox does not work properly in Win2000, only 98).

2) Two monitors.

3) Windows 98 or Windows 2000.

I'm running two monitors at home, it works very well. I use a 32MB TNT2 AGP card for my primary display, and a little 2MB S3 video card for my secondary display. I'm doing this in in Windows 2000...once you add the second card and monitor, you will have an option under display settings to "stretch desktop onto second monitor" and you can then use the two monitors as though they were one.

For instance, I record with a POD using n-Track. On one monitor I'll have n-Track, and on the second monitor I'll have the POD's sounddiver software running. It's very easy to work between the two.

Slackmaster 2000

Or if you have a mac, it's the same...two video cards, go to monitors in the control panels and there is an option to make it like one big monitor.

Back