Dual Display Question?

sndallas

Just set up my new system (pent 4/win XP)...I put in a Geforce4MX440-se dual display video card ,and I have two Samsung synchmaster 15 monitors side by side..Im using Logic 5.2 software......Heres the mystery....some of my Logic windows can be dragged from screen to screen , and some windows will not make the crossover..(kind of go off screen one and seem to dissappear?...Any thoughts on what can be happening, and how i can resolve?,,THX

In a dual monitor setup, you can move certain windows and pallettes from one screen to the other... but not all of them.

Certain windows or pallettes must be shown in the main program window, so if you drag them off the screen... they disappear.

Open your program, then un-maximize it. Drag the edges of the window up to the top, over to the left, down to the bottom... and finally over to the right... onto the next monitor and all the way to the right.

Now your windows won't disappear when you take them over to the other monitor.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Perfect explanation, perfect solution!..thx.....Is there a way to save these settings so I dont have to do all this dragging everytime I restart logic?

I don't have that program, but my guess is that it will restart in the same configuration as you closed it in.

If not, it really doesn't take that long to stretch the window out.:D

Back