Drums. Superior Drummer 2.0 or BFD?

MX80sound

Hello,
This is my first post so thanks in advance for your consideration and help.

I want to crate drum tracks that sound like modern pop punk/teen pop recordings.

Like Blink 182, the Josie And the Pussycats soundtrack (don't know if anyone will be familiar with that one..lol), Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy (sort of)

Bottom line, I want thick, modern sounds that have their basis in a rock tone.

Now I know I won't sound like Travis or Dave Grohl, but I want a program that is intuitive and gives me a series of grooves to start with that I can add fills to (canned or created).

I don't need the drums to sound immaculate cuz the voice won't, guitar won't etc, but I'd like them to be very flexible so I am able to adjust and afect the "out of the box" sounds.

Has anyone got an opinion on which would be better for me:
BFD or toontracks Superior Drummer 2.0?

Thanks again.

i would add addictive drums to your shortlist...as to what is best..well they all could probably do what you want but i like addictive at the mo.:)

Man, that Addictive Drums looks killer--out of all the youtube walkthroughs
I've seen it looks to be the best (quick, flexible, easy interface).

The sounds are very natural too.

Thanks for that.
:)

I'm still stoked to hear other opinions though.

Dear MX,
I am Not sure of this but , when I got my MBOX2 I also received protools and the sales man told me to look at my compatibility for plug ins on the boxes before I purchased them I don't know what system your running ,but I would also keep that in mind as well. b5

Thanks for that, man.

I am running a laptop w/ Vista Business
Intel Duo 2.2 GHZ
4 GB Ram
150 GB hard drive (I will run an external drive to save song files...)

Recording with Cubase 4

No big time soundcard yet but I'm thinking about a fireface 400

I'm hoping that my "cutting edgeness" system-wise will make it easy for me to implement new programs.

if its a vst plugin then it should work with just about every serious modern platform thats available right now...if it doesnt support vst then i would move on.

Thanks for that, man.

I am running a laptop w/ Vista Business
Intel Duo 2.2 GHZ
4 GB Ram
150 GB hard drive (I will run an external drive to save song files...)

Recording with Cubase 4

No big time soundcard yet but I'm thinking about a fireface 400

I'm hoping that my "cutting edgeness" system-wise will make it easy for me to implement new programs.

thats ok ....

i've been using DFH for a few years and just switched over to superior drummer 2.0 and it's simply amazing

the flexibility of it is phenominal, it has a fairly easy learning curve, and comes pre-loaded with a substantial midi groove library.

if you're looking for other grooves or loops, check out beta monkey music

Back