Drums/Rhythm on my PC

drewmorgan

Hello..

Let me tell you what I want to do and see if anyone has any good suggestions.. I have a Roland 840EX for recording my stuff.. However, I don't have a drum machine. Rather than buying a drum machine, with fairly small storage, etc, I would like to get some software for my PC that acts as a drum machine..
I would like it to save patterns (instead of just saving .wav files) so I can load them up later and edit them as necessary..
I know there are plugins like the Steinberg LM-4, but I don't currently have the software to drive them.. I really don't need some major virtual studio like Cakewalk or Cubase, since I already have my Roland.. I wouldn't mind buying the plugin, if there are other good software drivers out there, but perhaps there is an even better option..
My plan is to compose the drum patters on the PC, and then send it out digitally to be recorded on the Roland..
Hopefullt this is clear enough.. Any help or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Andrew M Morgan

theres the economy method too.... record drum tracks off a chessy keyboard, or a good one if you can borrow one. You can cut sections of the drum track and edit the snot out of it by making loops and adding effects ryte inside your VS unit.

Back