DP users.

Jammin321

This is my old post.

"I have posted this message before and am grateful for the couple of responses I got. However they I am still in the same boat and am still confused. This time I will include pictures so you guys can see for yourself what im dealing with because I know most of you will not have exactly the same setup.

I have a Mac Power G4. I purchased both a Mackie 1604 VLZ-Pro and a Motu 2408. I installed Digital Performer 2.7 on my Mac. Then I installed the Motu audio card. I ran the Free Midi program which came with DP (which I was told to do). In DP I confiqured the hardware driver as "MOTU PCI -324". So its obvious that DP notices that the MOTU is connected.

I have taken one mic which I want to use to record my drums. I have 8 mics but will just learn how to set this one mic up first. I put the one mic in the "mic 3 slot". I then pushed down the "L-R" grey button next to the #3 fader. I then pushed down the "main mix" button which is part of the CTL ROOM SOURCE. I then put my headphones in the phones input and proceeded to turn the "main mix" fader up aswell as the CTL ROOM PHONES volume knob up. This is what I did to get a sound out of the mic when I tapped it. Remember I am a total begginer and dont really know what the f*** im doing.....which is why im here.

What made sense to me was to run a cable from the mackie "direct out slot 3" and run it into the MOTU "analog in slot 3". From the MOTU I just run the "audio wire" into the back of the motu card in my Mac.

I then open a new project but under the level column I am getting no level at all.

I am very very confused. I bet I hooked it up completely wrong. Please tell me where I should hook cables up to. I just want to be able tobrecord from one mic at the moment. Its very hard with out a instruction manual and I don't understand the terms.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers.

To see pictures of my equipment please go here so you can better
understand what im talking about. The pictures will help you
alot....I hope

http://community.webshots.com/user/_jammin_

I also:

In the PCI-324 Interface dialog box:
Set the Clock Source to "PCI-324: Internal"
Made sure "Enable Routing" is checked.
Set Bank A to "Analog".
Checked all four "Enable Input" boxes, and made sure all four Output Source
slots say "From Computer". "

NEW POST

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT IT DOES WORK NOW

I added a stereo (voice) track and set it to Input: Analog 3-4 Output: Analog 1-2

I do get a level meter which shows there is a signal and I have also recorded something. The problem now is being able to hear what I have recorded. The only speakers I have are Cambridge Soundworks speakers used to play games and shit. However I know they work because they play mp3's and other sounds fine. Is it possible to get the speakers to play what is being played back off of DP?? Or do I need different professional speakers that have to be hooked up to the motu or something. I am going to eventually get better speakers so if you could recoomend some that would be great. But for now I just want to see if I can hear what I just recorded. I basically dont know where to look / how to setup the speakers in DP. I thought If I set Output: From Computer then it my play back off the comp but it doesnt seem to give me that option. So I just left it at Analog 1-2.

IM GETTING CLOSER

Cheers.

So I should get some good speakers and hook them up to the output of the MOTU and not my MAC? What type of speakers do you reccomend?

Back