Does there exist a multitrack recorder that can record onto a USB external device?

eastbayarb

Does anyone know if there exists a multitrack recorder that can record to an external USB drive such as a USB hard drive, USB flash drive, etc?

Thanks!

RI was thinking more of a set top style, computer less stand alone ( non rack mount style) recorder that accepted USB drives to record on, with a screen and editing capability.

Last edited:
Last I checked (a few months ago) the RME UFX talk at that point was they were mostly going with regular usb drives as the thumb drive situation was not up to expectation, still hit and miss'.

The RME does record straight to a USB device without a computer. It's a stand alone recorder as well as an interface. A colleague of mine has one and apparently recording to a thumb drive is a bit unstable but a USB external hard drive works great.

Cheers :)

There is an ad for something in Recording magazine this month and it shows it recording to a Thumb drive. I don't have it handy but I can go find it if you want me to

Back