Does Roland UA-55 Quad Capture USB 2.0 Audio Interface support AMD FX processors?

grandgalaz

Hi everybody.
I don't know if I am asking a stupid question. I do own a "Roland UA-55 Quad Capture USB 2.0" Audio Interface for my little home studio. Now I need a system upgrade. I checked the product's box and Roland website too. Nothing has been stated about AMD processors in System Requirements section.:( Does Roland UA-55 Quad Capture USB 2.0 Audio Interface support the following AMD processors? :confused:

FX 6100

FX 6300

FX 8350

Hi everybody.
I don't know if I am asking a stupid question. I do own a "Roland UA-55 Quad Capture USB 2.0" Audio Interface for my little home studio. Now I need a system upgrade. I checked the product's box and Roland website too. Nothing has been stated about AMD processors in System Requirements section.:( Does Roland UA-55 Quad Capture USB 2.0 Audio Interface support the following AMD processors? :confused:

FX 6100

FX 6300

FX 8350

I think you only need Windows to be compatible with the CPU and your hardware driver will talk to the OS. However, it may be possible that the instruction set on a CPU is better at handling the specific job at hand, although I doubt you'd see any real world difference in performance in this situation.

This review on Amazon suggests it works nicely on and AMD processor: -

Amazon.co.uk: Garj's review of ROLAND QUAD-CAPTURE

PS. I have a Quad Capture too, although I run on Intel.

I googled a lot, but din't find anything. You got some precious info. That's helpful. Though I've asked Roland for email support on this. They haven't replied yet. What I am worried about why Roland kept it obscured :confused:

I doubt they kept it obscured. I suspect it's a non-issue.

Agreed - I think they list a procesor to give an idea of the power required. The AMD CPUs you list are much more powerful than the one in the spec (or so a quick Google of the first one you list would suggest), so I think you'll be fine with any of those.

Offcourse will it run with a amd processor.... Windows also runs on an old pentiumprocessor which hass less features and cores and speed and buffers(chache l2 etc). It's just the same with intel....different chipsets z77 z68 etc., but it's made to run windows, linux....or in fact is it the other way around,otherwise you couldn't us os on some homemade desktops, just like a mac, unix etc...........,but the octcocoreprocessor is nice one for 150euro .The main problem with windows is that a lot of services run on the background, which you can turn of.....The only thing is that you have to know what you're doing....
and turn of autoinstall..... and autobackup .etc....

Back