Does ANYONE know how to contact Microsoft with a Customer Service Question?

pisces7378

I have Windows XP Home Edition, and I am seriosly considering upgrading to XP Professional. However I am an American living in Germany, and the definitive feature of XP Pro is that with XP Pro I can perhaps switch the OC back and forth between different languages. There is a "Multilingual Support Pack" which according to this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...on/features.asp

(scroll down towards the very bottom of the page)

According to this link, XP Pro can switch back and forth between several language with "The Multilingual User Interface Pack".

I would like to have the English Win XP, but some of my collegues would prefere to have it in German. Rather than buy two licenses and patrition the hard drive and install two versions of the same software, I am sure that MS offers some kind of solution. What do you guys think?

Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Does ANYONE know how I can contact Microsoft in America via e-mail? I cannot call the states and stay on hold for 45 minutes. It costs a fortune to call the west coast of the US.

Thanks guys,

Mike

Don't look now, but I think the link's broken.

I'm not sure you'll get response to email if you haven't subscribed to support services.

Try out a few Windows fansites on the 'net. There are plenty with decent forums (not like this one, Homerec rules!) where somebody should be able to give you a reply. A google search should give you a goldmine.

That apart, yes most of the time you can switch between languages but that would mean to atleast install all devices. I'm not sure about the legality of having two separate installs with the same WPA but different languages, this is something you'll have to check with MS. I'm not sure it's allowed but I don't know of it would be disallowed, either.

Back