Do you believe that Pentatonix doesn't use Auto-Tune?

I could believe that. There is some level of vocoder going on there though it seems to me. They obviously haven't done anything to correct their eye color tho....lol

It's possible, but they are using a lot of processing. At some point it doesn't matter exactly what processing they use.

They did lots of more live stuff when they were on Sing Off or whatever that show was. They are good, but yes this is heavily processed

Or they just don't suck. Even then, there is nothing natural about the track. Sure, there are 'barber shop' level of singers out there, but this is beyond that as far as processing goes.

Besides, who would claim they didn't use 'Auto Tune'? I am curious as to what you read that said that. They could have (and should have) used Melodyne instead. Then it would not be a false claim anyway...

It's pretty processed but prob not autotuned...they're pretty good. Either way I usually find them pretty enjoyable.

Supposedly this group doesn't use AT. Do you buy this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MteSlpxCpo

I don't think they do. I mean, I really hope they don't because I love them but I don't think they do. I got the chance to go see their concert in Brussels, in Belgium and I can't guarantee you they sounded as great live as they sound on recordings. It was really impressive. Even in live, it sometimes sound like they use autotune but we would have noticed if they had I guess. Plus they won an acappella contest in America and if you go on Youtube to watch their perfomances on the show, they sound great. So I would be ready to bet they don't use autotune and are juste very very talented. And I would totally tell you to go see them live if you get the occasion so you can make up your own mind about them. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed!

Back