Digitech Harmoniser Live 4

grahammk1

Hi,
My problem is that I am using the Digitech to record vocals with harmonies - the harmonies are driven by guitar chords - but my condenser mic is picking up the acoustic guitar and creating a "Mickey Mouse" effect - kind of like a Chorus effect set to full. Any suggestions to isolate the guitar?

The guitar has to drive the Harmoniser to get correct harmonies in real time.
right ..... I have one.

You record the guitar ...... take a channel out and send the already recorded guitar to the Harmoniser while singing. It works just as well with a recorded guitar as with a live one.

You can even record a second guitar part with chord specifically chosen for the harmonizer to get harmonies outside that straight chord progression if you desire.

Not familiar with the device... but wouldn't a simple solution be to use an unamplified electric guitar, directly into the device?

Not familiar with the device... but wouldn't a simple solution be to use an unamplified electric guitar, directly into the device?
he already has a guitar into it .... but doing the git and vox at the same time is leading to his vocal mic picking up guitar also and that's being processed too which leads to weird glitches.
All he has to do is track the guitar first and then take a send of that track to the device while singing.

Harmoniser

he already has a guitar into it .... but doing the git and vox at the same time is leading to his vocal mic picking up guitar also and that's being processed too which leads to weird glitches.
All he has to do is track the guitar first and then take a send of that track to the device while singing.

Genius! thanks Bob!

Back