DIGI 002 Computer Setup

TheGmiester161

I'm looking at getting the Digi 002 recording package from Digidesign and I was wondering what would anyone would recomend for a computer system to go with it? Most tell me a MAC, but what other specifics?

Pro-Tools has always been developed around the Mac platform but they do support Windows now.
If your building a computer for recording only...go with a mac.

Ditto- if this is an audio only computer I'd go with Mac. My PC setup works just fine with the 002, but I have noticed that a lot of the coolest (and priciest) plugs for PT are Mac-only.

Take care,
Chris

thanks

thanks for your input, I think I'm definately going with the Mac. But what kinds of things should go into the computer it that are absolutely neccessary in your opinion. What kind of specs do you recomend? Thanks,
Gmiester

digidesign has a recommended hardware page on their web site. It would probably pay to follow their suggestions!!! ;)

Ed

I dont see it

Sorry, but I dont see where the "RECOMENDED HARDWARE? section is on the website. I'm sure it will be helpful but I just dont know where it is? can you tell me how to navigate to it once I've gone to www.digidesign.com ?

Re: I dont see it

TheGmiester161 said:
Sorry, but I dont see where the "RECOMENDED HARDWARE? section is on the website. I'm sure it will be helpful but I just dont know where it is? can you tell me how to navigate to it once I've gone to www.digidesign.com ?

Support>Compatibility

Back