dig001 or seasound/vst32

judeholland

Can anyone who has heard the 001 or solo comment on the quality of sound of these two units? I'm quite stuck between the two and need help soon before I crack.
Thank you all
Jude

I have the Digi 001 and it's quite good. 24 bit and midi. Only 24 tracks but thats not a problem for me.

Thanks. How do you like the mic pres and efects, and what do you do about drum loops?
Also I read somewhere that its 20 bit internal does this make sense??
Thanks Jude.

I too have narrowed my choices to the seasound or digi001. For me the biggest problem is protools LE's midi limitations. I'd probably go with the 001 anyway if it were compatible with Logic etc.(I think the Mac 001 is compatible with other sequencer software but not the pc version- I'm a PC user.) But then Seasound($610 at Full Compass) + Logic($550) Platinum would run around $1160 which is a bit more than 001's $900 and you only get 2 input channels. If you want more you gotta get the expansion for about $300 which means a Seasound setup comparable to 001 would run about $1460 vs. $900 for the 001.

For me the question is whether Seasound's advantages outweigh 001's:

Seasound - more flexibility/compatibility, way better MIDI than 001

digi001 - supposedly the undisputed best(compared to anything) for audio, probably better plugins(PC versions will probably start rollin out soon), painless and seamless installation and software/hardware compatibility.

You probably have considered all this already; I just thought it would be helpful to summarize and give some other specifics to discuss.

*If one was really 20 bit vs 24 on the other , or some other definite sound limitation(not just features or price), then that would definitely tip the scales and settle the question.

Back