Delta 66 and Logic Audio

HasselHoff

I'm having a big problem with my Delta 66 card that I recently bought. I have a SB Live card aswell and before I got the Delta 66 card I did a song in Logic using the SB Live. It was 7 channels and about 10 effects and I didn't have any problems with clicking playing it with the SB Live card. But when I try to play it with the delta 66 it clicks and sounds terrible whenever the harddrive is working (Once every second) I've tried it with other songs I have made and the problem remains..

I've tried every driver configuration I can think of in Logic Audio. The "Delta EASI", "MME" and the delta asio driver. I've tried lager processor buffer and larger disk buffer but nothing seems to work.

BTW the problem is the same when I use Cubase.

Can Anyone PLEASE help me???

= )

David

could you be more specific on what the the click noise is? are you using the latest drivers for the delta? be a a little more specific on what your setup is and what you have tried already.

Darnold

Ok, Sorry..

PC P3 733, 256Mb PC133, DMA 66
HD IBM Deskstar 20Gb 7200rpm 8.5ms
SB Live
Delta 66
Windows ME

The thing that happens really is that the sound distorts like once every 2 seconds. Every time the little HD lamp on the computer flashes. But if I play the song with the SB Live card the problem goes away, but I have gotten a new problem with this card. I get that "Audio device overload" message..

I have the latest drivers for the delta card. The thing is that the same problem occurs in VST aswell so it might not be a Logic Audio problem. In Logic I have tried the Delta Asio driver, the Delta EASI driver and the other ones. Do you know which I should use. I have tried checking the Larger Buffer and Larger Prossecor Buffer boxes with no inprovement. I have even tried different latency values in the delta panel.

I don't know what to do next =(

Thanks

Ive had the same problem in the past. Try using the latest non multiclient drivers for the delta. I dunno if thats the problem but it could be. This sounds like you are having syncing problems with the word clock. Make sure your harddrives are set to DMA and this should fix your problem. If both of these dont work let me know and i will try and help you more.

Darnold

make sure reset rate when idle is not checked in the m audio control panel. change the latency to super high latency and back down till you get what you need without popping.. just some thoughts.

Not that this is definitely it, but I have also experienced these problems...not with Logic, but I'm almost positive it's a driver issue. The latest drivers have proven to be fairly worthless from what can see...nobody seems too happy with them.

Go to M-Audio's website, and look up their oldest drivers.

(I believe they are 4.1.22.27)

These are the only ones I could get to work, but they work beautifully. If you have further issues with the Delta, I might try going to Sonic Foundry's website (www.sonicfoundry.com), and checking out their forums. I know it's a completely different platform than you are currently using, but I found a lot of people there who had similar problems, and were a huge help to me.

Thanks alot you guy's!!!!! For all the help.

I believe it probably was something to do with the Delta drivers. I installed Win XP yesterday and downloaded the XP drivers from delta and everything seem to be working fine now. There is only one thing. Everytime I start Logic the program say's that The ASIO driver want's to be restarted. But it still works eventhough I don't restart. Don't know what that could be..

I just wanna thank you for taking an interest in my problems. Hope I can return the favor sometime =)

One more thing though.... Those of you who have a Delta card.. Which driver do you use in music programs? The Delta EASI, MME or the ASIO driver??? Which one is better??

David

Back