Delta 66 internal routing

gaekwad

Hi group.
I posted this thread in the Cool Edit group but it also belongs here (I suspect). If you could take a look and let me know what advice you have, I would be very grateful - thanks!

Why do you want to do it the hard way? Just insert the MP3 into a track in Cool Edit,then record 2 mic's using your Omni Studio. Then hit "mix down to track[bounce]">"all audio clips" and you are done.

ocnor said:
Why do you want to do it the hard way? Just insert the MP3 into a track in Cool Edit,then record 2 mic's using your Omni Studio. Then hit "mix down to track[bounce]">"all audio clips" and you are done.

Hi ocnor - thanks for your reply.
I've got multiple mp3s that will need to be triggered and overdubbed in a live-style, I'm not deliberately aiming to do it the hard way, just wondering if it's technically possible to route things internally.

If it's not possible to do the way I want to do it (which I would call the easy way :rolleyes: ) with internal routing, then the cut and paste route is my next option.

Thanks for your suggestion, though, I appreciate it.

Winamp also has a nice patchbay which you can presumably use to route the signal to the Soundmax. Set up the Soundmax to pass through SPDIF. Patch the Soundmax SPDIF to the SPDIF of the 66. Then set up the cooledit routing to record off the 66.

Or am I missing something? You will still need one cable, not 100% internally.

IDK if you may have clock issues with digital though, so you may want to patch in analog. But then you lose on SQ...

To avoid all issues putting the tracks into CEP would be the way to go, so I would call that the easy way.

If you had an SB Live! you would be able to route things internally, as it has virtual outputs available for use by audio apps, and which can be exposed by the kX drivers.

Back