Delta 44 is only playing through one ear and I can't record

MicFlo

The soundcard is in the computer in the right place. Everything is plugged in the right place. I have Sennheiser Headphones and its plugged in "outs 1" and my condensor microphone cord is plugged in "Ins 1" Also I have Cool Edit Pro 2.0 recording software. When I try to record it records absolutely nothing.

WINDOWS XP
-Over 128 MB of RAM

Control Panel/Sound Audio Devices
Audio
-Sound Playback/Default Device: M Audio Delta 44 Multi Channel
-Sound Recording/Default Device: M Audio Delta 44 Mon. Mixer
Voice
-Voice Playback/Default Device: M Audio Delta Multichannel
-Voice Recording/Default Device: M Audio Delta 44 Mon. Mixer

M Audio Delta Control Panel
-Master Volume: -24, Stereo Link [Checked]
-Mixer Inputs/Wave Out 1/2: -24, Mute [Checked] Stereo Link [Checked]
-WavOut 3/4: Mute [UnChecked] Stereo Link [Checked]
-H/W In 1/2: Mute [UnChecked] Stereo Link [Checked]
-H/W In 3/4: -12, Mute [UnChecked] Stereo Link [Checked]

Patchbay/Router
H/W Out 1/2: WavOut 1/2 [Checked]
H/W Out 3/4: WavOut 3/4 [Checked]

Note: When I put a check on anything else other than WavOut 1/2 on H/W Out 1/2 it will not playback music on my headphones. Oh, and headphones only play out of the left ear.

Hardware Settings
-Master Clock: Internal Xtal [Checked]
-Multi Track Driver Devices: Single and In-Sync [Checked]
-DMA Buffer Size: Latency 384 Samples. Use Windows Defualt for MME [Unchecked]
-Disable Control of the Monitor Mixer and Patchbay/Router by Audio applications [Checked]
Variable Signal Level
-Outputs: -10dBV [Checked]
-In 1 through 4 "Con" is [Checked]

Someone mentioned that on the Break out box the In 1/In 2 one if left and two is right for the headphones. Well I plugged my headphones in "Outs 1" and it played on left side, and "Outs 2" and played on left side. Do I need a Y cable which I have no clue what it is. Also it is not recording. Can someone please help. I am determined to have this delta44 working. I will never quit, because i spent my hardworking money on this

I would appreciate if someone can tell me whats wrong or could possibly help me

I just noticed you seem to have everything muted?

You gotta un-mute some of that stuff b4 you can hear anything

Edit: And on the Patchbay/Router tab select Monitor Mixer

oh i didnt notice that, thanks appreciate it. Ok, I unchecked all of the mutes and the original post is edited correctly now.

and I just checked monitor mixing and I hear no sound coming to my headphones when I try to listen to audio

uppin

Your headphones are plugged into out1, but you still have Mixer Inputs/Wave Out 1/2: -24, Mute [Checked] Stereo Link [Checked]
?

Also in the Patchbay/Router you have H/W Out 1/2: WavOut 1/2 [Checked] -> You need to check Monitor Mixer

yep, I got ...headphones plugged in Out1..

ok, i just put it on mixer one, still not workin tho..lol i guess i have bad luck or sum

The inputs are mono line level inputs. Plugging in a microphone doesn't do anything. You'll need a preamp. And one with phantom power when you're using condensers

The outputs are mono line level outputs. Plugging in a headphone, which is stereo, won't work. You need a y-cable that brings the mono outputs of output 1 and 2 to one stereo. See attachment.

Attachments

• getfile.jpg
    getfile.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 99
oh yea i forgot to say i had a pre-amp, sorry bout that...

can I get those cords at radio shack?...

I got the Y cable "Y Adapter" it says..t looks like the one on the picture u uploaded. I connected it to my headphones, and put it in the break out box and its still playing through one ear

make sure the y cable you got is dual 1/4 mono to 1/4 Stereo

I had to buy a few adapters.

(2) Female RCA (mono) to Male 1/4 (mono)

(1) 1/4 Stereo Female to Dual RCA Male (mono) [y cable]

the RCA -> 1/4 adapter connects to the RCA ends of the Y cable and you connec those to Out 1&2 of the delta

and the headphones go to the Stereo 1/4 female of the y cable.

I couldn't find a single Y cable online or in store that didn't require purchasing more adapters to actually make it work the way I needed.

Got all the above at the Shack for about $5-$6
It worked great.

Nosferous said:
make sure the y cable you got is dual 1/4 mono to 1/4 Stereo

I had to buy a few adapters.

(2) Female RCA (mono) to Male 1/4 (mono)

(1) 1/4 Stereo Female to Dual RCA Male (mono) [y cable]

the RCA -> 1/4 adapter connects to the RCA ends of the Y cable and you connec those to Out 1&2 of the delta

and the headphones go to the Stereo 1/4 female of the y cable.

I couldn't find a single Y cable online or in store that didn't require purchasing more adapters to actually make it work the way I needed.

Got all the above at the Shack for about $5-$6
It worked great.

Same problem, same solution. I bought the gold plated stuff so it ran me $13.

Back