Delta 44 or Darla24?

gcounselman

I am looking at purchasing a soundcard to set a small studio project at home. I am looking at either the M-Audio Delta44 or the Echo Audio Darla24. Besides the I/O differences which is the better sounding card? I am recording acoustic guitar and vocals.
thanks,
-gman

They probably both sound equally good. It's probably going to be down to features for you. Does 2 in, 8 out fit your needs better than 4 in, 4 out? Also look into the Gadget Labs 496 in this price range...

The 4in/4out definitely is better. However, the Echo comes with Cool Edit Pro SE. On the other hand, I have already dowloaded N-track. I've looked into the Gadget Labs. I have found the delta 44 at zZounds.com for $259.00 That's a killer deal! hehe any other thoughts?

-gman

You may want to check out Delta 66, its the same as the 44 but has the spdif i/o. It is also 24bit/96khz. M-Audio has been known for good products and quailty sound. I found the Delta 66 for $299 at BayviewProAudio. I believe that is the same price as the Darla24 (at Musicians Friend)

Back