Delta 44 Crackling

Drummer4Life05

Say Something Smart!
I just picked up a Delta 44, and have been messing with it for the past few hours. And I noticed that whenever I record something, it has lots of crackling in it.
Why is this? Is it a driver issue?

Here is an example.

Thanks.

I'm no expert on this one, but it sounds to me like mismatched sample rates. Make sure the sample rate setting on your delta 44 matches the rate set on your recording software (ie. 44100, 48000, 96000) If that isn't it you may try reinstalling the drivers.

Good luck.

Mate I had exactly the same problem when I got my delta 44.
Never found out what caused it, but the crackles went away when I upgraded from 98 to XP. Don't know what else to tell you...

Starch - Thanks man. I didn't even think of that. I'll look into it.

Bulls Hit - I'm already running XP...:(

christiaan - Do I change the buffer size in the software? What is the buffer? I'm kinda new to all this hardware/software stuff...

Thanks! :D

Also another question that just hit me...

In Home Studio 2002, I can only record from inputs 1/2 or 3/4, giving me only 2 simultanous inputs, when the Delta44 supports 4.
How can i record from lines 1, 2, 3 and 4 all at the same time?

Thanks again.

I get "M-Audio Delta 44 1/2" and "M-Audio Delta 44 3/4"...

Is it Cakewalk, or the drivers? What software are you using?

To access all the inputs seperately you need to make sure that the tracks you are trying to record on are set to mono (Done in the Console Screen). They are set to Stereo right now probably.

Cakewalk accesses the Delta drivers/buffer size in its Audio Options window and overrides the Delta's Control Panel Settings (Make sure programs are given access to the drivers, via an option in the Delta Control Panel). Hope this helps.

Atterion - Thanks a lot! I didn't know any of that.
I'm currently waiting for a new harddrive to arrive to install my OS on, so I don't have access to the Delta at the moment. I should have it by the weekend, and I'll let ya know how I make out.

Thanks again everyone! You've all been a big help to my newbie-ness! :D

Back