Delta 44 conflict, please help!

memo

Alright, my computer has 5 PCI Slots
Slot 1 - Diamond Monster 3d card
Slot 2 - Diamond Stealth-2 card
Slot 3 - Sound blaster AWE-64
Slot 4 - Empty
Slot 5 - Midiman Delta-44

Every since I installed the Midiman card I'm getting these annoying up and down going lines on my Sonny screen. And the headphone jack on my Sound Blaster is noisier than ever.
Is this is a card conflict? Should I drop the soundblaster and only use the midiman? Please help!

Sure it's not the short pass through cable from your monster to the stealth - loose maybe?

If not, start with just one card in your machine at a time. Just your 2 video cards to start, is the problem still there? Keep adding cards until it happens again. Doesn't sound like a conflict as in resource conflict/IRQ etc. It's possible there is some high frequency interference coming off of one of the cards, but they are suppose to be well shielded against this. Give the one card at a time thing a shot.

Hey Emeric
<br>
I'm pretty sure that it's not the cable connecting the diamonds. When the problem occured, that was the first thing I checked.

While putting in the Delta-44 I didn't touch the diamonds, but the vibrations from putting in a new card, would that cause a prob?

Thanks anyway!

Possibly, but pop all the cards out and put them in one by one... it's the only way to get at least some idea of what the problem could be.

Back