Delay Plug-in with random time?

Seafroggys

So I'm a lazy SOB and I was thinking on ways I can do ADT. Traditionally I just do a quick single delay with a slight pitch shift on the delayed signal. I had a cool thought the other day and I'm not sure if anybody has actually made this, and if someone has, is it freeware?

Basically a plug-in that you can set a range (say, between 10 ms to 30 ms) and then the delay will constantly change within that frame. Yes, I suppose you could automate it, but that could get really, really, really tedious, especially if you want it to change relatively quickly (say faster than every second). Does such a plug-in exist? It can just be a sterile delay plug-in, no "character" or anything like that.

I guess does the same goes for pitch shifters? One that will randomize the pitch within certain parameters? I'm pretty sure something like that probably exists, or could be set up through other plug-ins like a chorus or something.

Yeah think I already have that plug installed, or at least the version from 3-4 years ago.

That's more of a tape-based ADT emulator. I want to ignore the tape-based and all the weird quirks associated with the original units. I just want something that can randomly change delay times and even pitch times. I'll play with that plug next time I'm on my recording emulator.

If your are looking for an ADT plugin....this is THE one to get.
It's based on the original Abbey Road ADT technique....used quite a bit by the Beatles.
It does random...it does LFO....it does mono to stereo and even mono with stereo, which sets the original in the center, and then adds L/R stereo doubles. There are several combinations that are included with the plug.
Waves just released this new plug a few weeks ago.

Waves Abbey Road Reel ADT

If you get it through Audio Deluxe, they have it for $84 when you create an AD account.
I just picked it up a week ago, and only checked it a bit...and I was very impressed. You can look at their videos for more info.

Last edited:
I saw the ad for it about a week ago, and it does impress me.

But I think its for Win 7+, and my recording rig is currently on XP and will remain on XP for the foreseeable future. At least until I build myself a new computer.

Back