Dac ?

Hi,
There are two conversions, assuming you want to hear the results.
Analog to digital is moving air converted to 1s and 0s...a digital recording.

Digital to analog is the reverse which feeds your headphones or speakers...The reproduction.

Sound is analog. Audio, a representation of sound, can be analog or digital. To hear sound from a digital recording it has to be converted to analog and amplified through speakers.

Digital is no more audio than a conductors score, or, MIDI. Digital is quicker than cranking up a player piano, or, assembling a orchestra, for sure.

Those voices one hears in their head could be digital, though : )

Not sure what that means.
Technically once audio is stored on anything it's no longer audio. It's a means of reproducing an approximation.
Don't know how it relates to assembling an orchestra....Do you think he's asking about virtual instruments?

The voices in my head are digital...and they're 8bit. :(

One needs the Old School conductor and orchestra to convert the score to audio - that's all : ) The storage medium was some digital scribble on paper.

I'm guessing he was looking on the web and found most of the banter was about the consumer DAC ? I finally got DSD256 last month, myself. Something I could afford, anyway

so,if the signal being sent to the speakers is converted back to Analog then what's
the point of the Digital phase?The fact that you end up with Analog.

so,if the signal being sent to the speakers is converted back to Analog then what's

More accurate and reliable storage, processing and transmission of audio. We've had analog methods for decades but digital is superior in many ways.

Well, people argue(debate) what is important to them, but I can't beat editing in digital with a stick. Outside of the home recording POV, I got shelves and shelves of records and tapes, that could maybe fit into a MP3 player and I just press the play button.

Some POP music, today, might be just a parade of digital gimmicks, so there are pitfalls with digital : )

When we use a computer to record and manipulate audio, we don't convert to digital as a choice.
It's essential.

A computer can't store analog audio. It needs to make a digital representation of it.
We can't hear that digital representation. It needs to be converted to analog.

Well, my last recording was to computer because I needed the desk space. hahah I'm going to disk recorders because I can just push the record button. That's simplicity and convenience in regards to the posters question. I might of gone to the 15ips deck that's on the desk, but it was a youtube game and needed a digital version, anyway

Back