Cyber power pc for studio machine build?

Sirenstudio

Has anyone used cyber power pc to build a machine for protools? I am currently way behind the ball. Running PT 8 on an old tired machine with 2 8ch FireWire interfaces linked. I have a presonus 32 live on the way and I want to build a machine that will be competitive for a good while. I record mostly live instruments and 2-3 plugins per channel, usually 20 or so tracks. I plan to run windows 7 and PT 12. I am not experienced in building PCs, but from reading and a few questions to my tech friends, I've come to this so far. Please see the specs below. Is there an expert here willing to help an aspiring computer buff out? Thanks!

BASE_PRICE:[+989]

BLUETOOTH:None

CABLE:None

CAS:Corsair Carbide 300R w/ USB 3.0 [-18]

CASUPGRADE:None

CC:None

CD:None

CD2:None

COOLANT:None

CPU:Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7700K 4.20GHZ 8MB Intel Smart Cache
LGA1151 (Kaby Lake) [+150]

CS_FAN:3X 140mm Enermax TB Silence UCTB14 140mm Performance Cooling
with Low Noise Profile Fan [+39]

ENGRAVING:None

ENGRAVING_MSG:

EVGA_POWER:None

FA_HDD:None

FAN:CyberpowerPC Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler (Single
Standard 120MM Fan)

FLASHMEDIA:None

FREEBIE_CU:None

FREEBIE_HD:None

FREEBIE_VC:None

HD_M2SSD:16GB Intel® Optane™ Memory Accelerator M.2 PCIe NVMe + 1TB
SATA III Hard Drive Combo [ARRAY MODE] (OS Drive)

HD_PCIE1X_SSD:None

HDD:1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+52] (Single Drive)

HDD2:None

HEADSET:None

IUSB:Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD:CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard

MEMORY:32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/2800MHz Dual Channel Memory [+345]
(Performance Memory by Major Brands)

MONITOR:None

MOPAD:None

MOTHERBOARD:MSI Z270 GAMING PLUS ATX w/ USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe
x1, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]

MOUSE:CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse

NETWORK:Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

OVERCLOCK:No Overclocking

POWERSUPPLY:750 Watts - Thermaltake SMART Series SP-750PCBUS 80 PLUS
BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply [+38]

PRO_WIRING:None

RUSH:Standard processing time: ship within 5 to 10 Business Days

SECURITY:None

SERVICE:3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME
TECHNICAL SUPPORT)

SLI_BRIDGE:None

SOUND:HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS:None

TUNING:None

USBHD:None

USBX:None

VIDEO:GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 (Pascal) [-50] (Single Card)

VIVE_HEADSET:None

WARRANTY:STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY

WNC:None

WTV:None

_PRICE:(+1485)

Hi there,
The best an only advice I can give you is to build something that Avid officially support, or something that someone else has built and can vouch for with your versions of ProTools.

There's nothing to say that any given system won't work just fine but if it doesn't, and it's not on Avid's lists, they won't support you.

what you have should work, however, I think You should look for a better DAW than protools. They've have gone down hill with thier "lease wear" and due to the lack of backwards compatibility with their older controllers, a lot of people jumped ship and went to reaper or harrison mixbus

what you have should work, however, I think You should look for a better DAW than protools. They've have gone down hill with thier "lease wear" and due to the lack of backwards compatibility with their older controllers, a lot of people jumped ship and went to reaper or harrison mixbus

Thanks for checking it out. That's a valid point. I guess I just didn't really consider that. I've used protools 8 for years and likely haven't even used half of its capabilities. I write and record rock music mostly with all live instruments. I would like to grow and learn more MIDI and programmed stuff. I figured with my limited time that I would be able to get to work quickest just upgrading. What do you like about the other DAWs other than the licensing and sale is more fair? Thanks!

I'm a full-on reaper fanboy but if I had to work with Protools or Cubase or whatever I'd only be mildly annoyed. The truth is they all pretty much do the same. Protools has some neat features like multi-mono, Reaper has some neat stuff like SWS extensions and the ability to hotkey anything without having to use 3rd party programs. My biggest draw to Reaper is that I can just send bandmates whole projects and they can work with the trial version without any limits, so I don't care if you do 15 vocal overdubs as long as you sort through them yourself.

Back