Cubase Popping/Distortion issue

Jadefox02

Help! Having some strange audio distortion issue!

Computer specs: Intel Core i5-4670K, PNY GeForce GTX 770, Azza Solano 1000R - System Build - PCPartPicker

Cubase 8

I've been recording off and on for over a year, with no real substantial issues until just recently. Just got a new Scarlett 2i2 after assuming my M-Audio Fast Track was the root of the issues. But the issue is occurring with my Scarlett now as well. I tried uninstalling some drivers and re-installing Cubase, messing with the latency settings. No cigar. I've tried scouring the internet but to no avail. I may end up waiting until Windows 10 comes out and starting with a fresh OS.

Here is a video of the noise that is occurring.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74ncutny8p08jes/AudioIssue.mpeg?dl=0

it sounds like an electronic issue with ground, something isn't grounded properly, have you checked inside your guitar? have you tried another electric guitar to confirm that it's not the computer?

Hello,

Help! Having some strange audio distortion issue!

Computer specs: Intel Core i5-4670K, PNY GeForce GTX 770, Azza Solano 1000R - System Build - PCPartPicker

Cubase 8

I've been recording off and on for over a year, with no real substantial issues until just recently. Just got a new Scarlett 2i2 after assuming my M-Audio Fast Track was the root of the issues. But the issue is occurring with my Scarlett now as well. I tried uninstalling some drivers and re-installing Cubase, messing with the latency settings. No cigar. I've tried scouring the internet but to no avail. I may end up waiting until Windows 10 comes out and starting with a fresh OS.

Here is a video of the noise that is occurring.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74ncutny8p08jes/AudioIssue.mpeg?dl=0

Are you connecting the interface directly to the computer or through a USB-Hub?
If it is through a HUB make sure it is a powered one.
Have a look at your Buffer size as well, and make sure the Hi-z in case your interface has one is on.

Best regards,
GN

Back