Cubase LE? Tascam? exporting? HELP please

kidkage

Bored of Canada
I have a Tascam DP008 that will let me exports tracks. My zoom g9.2tt came with Cubase LE... i think its le 5. I can only record 8 tracks. I can export them though. would exporting tracks into the computer to use and mix on the software so I could get more than 8 tracks and use plug ins and mastering stuff, etc. work well? would i encounter some problems?
HELP? :confused: :D

thanks.

If you could export each track individually into cubase, then you could mix in it in there. I have a dp004 that I have never really used. But, I could do that with mine

I'm sure there's a 'better' way, but the dummy that I am does it this way. I mute all the tracks, and 'solo' one separate track at a time as I export it as a wav file onto my desktop to edit with Cubase. I don't have any problems. I'll even go from my desktop to a USB flash drive (since the DP008 has no USB port) and back up each track 'just in case'. I have so many flash drives just kicking around with tracks that are a year old already, and I haven't had to use them. Well, I have a lot of computers, and I am trying Audacity on one, and for some reason it 'loses' a track every once in a great while, so I have to reimport it. But that's rare.

Kidkage: Create audio channel. Select it. Under 'File', Import audio file. Should work for any sample rate unless your wav file is corrupt.

A .wav file should be doable. Are you using a USB flash drive to import to your computer? I had the rare error like that, and it turned out to be the flash drive. A different stick solved that problem. If not, any converter program that can change a .wav in a .mp3 file would be one work around. I know the LE version of my Cubase won't export as an .mp3 (.wav only), but I can't recall right now if importing was the same.

I actually tried using it to remix a song by some friends by downloading their tracks.
I ended up having to download and use Audacity. Are there limitations on LE compared to the standard cubase?

I suppose, since I just plan on using a computer to mix together the tracks and duplicate a few for volume purposes and not really record more than 8 tracks, I could just use Audacity instead of Cubase LE unless Cubase is miles ahead or something

Cubase LE is a limited version. Even with these limitations, it is far superior to Audacity. A learning curve is involved though with a serious DAW. If you plan on, or forsee moving forward then I would start using it or any number of 'lite' versions of professional software. It's up to you how far you want to go with this.

Jimmy

I have Cubase LE on two laptops, and Audacity on my desktop. The desktop is more my 'editor' these days. Honestly, Audacity is fine. You are limited to 32 tracks, compared to Cubase LE's 48, but it beats the Hell out of Ableton Live Lite's 4 audio and 2 MIDI track limits. Audacity won't do MIDI, but 32 audio tracks is plenty for me. The free LAME plug ins certainly aren't lame, and I find Audacity a breeze to use.
You get these programs free when you buy anything other than socks these days, and the Audacity program is a free download. M-Audio gives away Ableton, but honestly, it is 'lite'. And more for looping. No thanks.
To the original question, I swap files between two laptops and a desktop all the time. Cubase LE 4 only allows exporting as a wav file, Audacity allows either wav or MP3 :-)D), and all you need is a box full of USB flash drives. Depending on how many tracks you use, you won't even approach 1GB, so any cheap flash drive will hold at least a song or two of all separate tracks. Hell, I separate the drums into each individual track, complete with cymbals on their own track, I'll double track guitars, double track vocals, and still have tons of room on a flash drive. The drive I just looked now is new, has two whole songs on it, and I'm using less than 400MB.

Guys, Im using Cubase LE 5, and it works fine with audio mixdown export. But today I tried to export audio mixdown. and it says Not enough space on the disk. But in all my Harddrives I have more than 10 GB free space. I tried to export as a 44k, 16bit wave file. Totally 2 tracks. one is in Sterio, another one is in mono ( Vocal ) and its 44 sec leanth. in earlier I export 4 track mix down. but today I cant.
I restart the PC and changed the Virtual memory. but no use :(

can anyone help me. Thank in advance.

Guys, Im using Cubase LE 5, and it works fine with audio mixdown export. But today I tried to export audio mixdown. and it says Not enough space on the disk. But in all my Harddrives I have more than 10 GB free space. I tried to export as a 44k, 16bit wave file. Totally 2 tracks. one is in Sterio, another one is in mono ( Vocal ) and its 44 sec leanth. in earlier I export 4 track mix down. but today I cant.
I restart the PC and changed the Virtual memory. but no use :(

can anyone help me. Thank in advance.

You should be able to change the target drive in cubase. If that doesn't work I would start a new thread.

You should be able to change the target drive in cubase. If that doesn't work I would start a new thread.

Thanks for the reply Arcadeko,
But I have enough space in my all hard drives, more than 10GB. In my C:, I have 14GB free space.
I am using Win7 x64 with 6GB DDR2. C2D.

I tried to export the wav file in other drive. but still got same "Not enough space " message.

I didnt have any problems before. Its just from Today

Even I hv tried to export it into my 1TB Extrnal hard drive. it has 600GB free space. but still got the same message.

Something is obviously gone freaky. Trash your preferences first. If that doesn't do it, reinstall Cubase.

I have had weirdness with Cubase, even without changing anything in preferences, that 'trashing prefs' resolved the problem. I have a personal theory, that some crappy third party 'free' plug-ins are primarily responsible for most 'freakyness'. Trashing prefs is actually quite easy, and you can save your suited prefs, and introduce them again after trashing. Usually, it is free (poorly written) software that causes crashes in a typically solid DAW. A cracked DAW will give the most problems. and will never be resolved without actually purchasing supported software.

The best advice/questions that can be given here is: What did you do different that made it not work? Did you contact Steinberg support for answers? Did Steinberg send you here? And by the way, you totally jacked kidcage's thread.

Back