Cubase AI 8 and playback timing issues.

obsoleteman

New to this. Have a history of analog but this is just different. Click track on, recording a bass track as a foundation to building the mix and on the playback, it is late....way late. Re-recorded it, same thing. It is as if the click track during recording is in a different place when recording than it is on playback. New computer with no junk files on it, no midi just the click. Any ideas? If I were to compare it to anything it is as if I am monitoring off the wrong head when doing parallel tracking on reel to reel. Any help is appreciated. Never had this problem with my old computer and a simple LE 5 set up. I plan to order the full 8 but have to take some baby steps first.

Frustrating.

What are you using for a sound card? You SHOULD be using a proper audio interface with ASIO. Almost any audio card designed for computer audio recording should work.

What you're experiencing is a latency problem (which latency = 'Late'). I had this same issue when I 1st began recording with a computer, and before I bought a proper recording audio interface/card. Once you have your audio interface, and it's ASIO driver installed, select that as your default ASIO recording/playback device. You may need to adjust your latency/buffer settings within your sound cards software interface.

Back