Cubase 7 or Nuendo 6

The main difference between the two is that nuendo does more post production stuff and has more encoders that are necessary for film and video work. If you are only doing music production, case is all you need. In fact, case comes with some features that are an extra charge in nuendo.

For music production, save the $2000 and go with cubase.

I have Cubase 7 and love it! as Farview mentioned, if you are just doing music recording/production, cubase has tons of features to get you were you want to go with great workflow.

Even if you're doing video, save the $1500 price difference and get Cubase. Use video editors to do the conversion for videos.

C7 can open Nuendo files. C7 does surround.

I agree with Chili, if I was messing with video I would be in final cut HD. If I'm messing with audio I'm in cubase.

Also, think about the upgrades. An upgrade for cubase is a couple hundred bucks. an upgrade for nuendo id almost $1000.

The only reason I use nuendo is because I started with version 1, when there was a real difference between it and cubase. After that, the upgrade path always made more sense than buying into cubase at full price. Ten years into it, I really wish I would have gone with cubase in the first place.

Back