CuBase 5 - Windows 7 - Midi Keyboard - Latency Problem

eevirgen

Hello everybody,

Since I am just a beginner in this job I would like to ask your help in few problems I could not fix which may seem to be so simple for you.

I just bought sound card, m-audio fast track a midi keyboard -icon logicon 8air with 88 keys. plus mic. I have home edition Windows 7 64bit. 3 GB ram, i5 processor, Asus notebook.

I installed 64 bit driver of sound card m-audio fast track. I can see my application m-audio control on task bar. Followingly I installed Pro Tools. Then Samplitude. (They all arrived along with the sound-card and midi keyboard I had bought) . Samplitude has an enourmous latency (about 1 second) but Pro Tools has no latency. Great. But a minute later all voices get ruined. I cant play. There comes sounds that makes no sense. Just a cacaphoney!

After that I installed cuBase 5 to the PC. (64 bit version) same problem happens again: "Latency". Sounds come few seconds after I press the keys. The interesting thing is when I open cubase there pops up a message:

asio directx full duplex driver - Line-out - 1 Unmapped
asio directx full duplex driver - Line-out - 2 Unmapped

When I choose Devices -> Device Setup on menu the VST Audio System option says "VST audio device not found." I can't figure out: If it cant find the sound card, then how come I get the sound even it is belated?

Maybe it is the same reasons for the latency in cuBase. Could you please help me out to solve these latency problems? It is so annoying. I went all through Google but did not get any answer so I decided to ask your help.

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:
Looks like your M-audio has lost signal for a moment during playback.
Make sure your audio device is selfpowered, or buy yourself a USB power adapter.

Turn of your audio device, and restart the computer.
Turn on your audio device and select the proper audio device in each of your DAW.

Note that sometimes you'll need to configure the software of your audio device to function properly.
M-audio powered version of protools is most likely configured for that specific device by default.

Here is a tool which will help you detect latency problems. ( spikes )
These are usually caused by parallel devices such as ethernet and WiFi devices.

LINK - DPC Latency Checker

Yep. Always plug in USB devices prior to opening cubase.
After selecting asio driver in vst setup try fluctuating buffer size to lowest buffer without noise.

No device found as the last post says cubase not detecting it.
Make sure you're using USB 2.0 port. Do you get a lIght on the midi keyboard?

Also try asio4all it's not a bad asio driver for midi. I use it for addictive drums. Easy interface/ slider for changing buffer. I use it with an m-audio midi to USB converter

Back