Create CD Equipment

ocean77

I am new here and I do apologize if this question was posted in the wrong forum. My wife is putting together a small Home Recording Studio in our home and she would like to be able to create her on CD's. She was looking towards some type of Karaoke machine, but I was not quite sure if that is the way to go or if it can even be done with this machine. She was thinking that this may give her the ability to mix for background instruments and so forth. She would like to stay under $100 if this is at all possible.
Thank you for your help.

I don't think anyone here would recommend a 'Karaoke machine' for home recording, but I suppose there are some that have the ability to send a USB output to a computer.

Do some reading in this thread and this one.

Can she get away with using a USB mic and your home computer - maybe. Depends on the quality desired, and what all you really want to do vis a vis mixing, music creation, etc. If all she wants to do is lay a vocal on top of a pre-done karaoke track, there are cheap options, but you get what you pay for.

On the cheap, look into USB mic, Audacity, and numerous websites that sell backing tracks for popular songs. I use THIS one quite often.

Back