Crazy Sale on Samplitude ProX 3 Suite!

Holy cow. I'm in that what next group poking around' and had completely forgot about Samp' and was looking at it yesterday.
But 149?
Why does that seem like a 'too good to be true?

I guess everyone' wants to grab a piece of Sonar's demise :p

As I remember (years ago) they were- maybe still are? one of the high end rigs?

Holy cow. I'm in that what next group poking around' and had completely forgot about Samp' and was looking at it yesterday.
But 149?
Why does that seem like a 'too good to be true?

I guess everyone' wants to grab a piece of Sonar's demise :p

As I remember (years ago) they were- maybe still are? one of the high end rigs?

MAGIX are pretty straight up guys Mix' if there is and catch it might be that a new and better 'X4' is about to arrive?

The original Pro X was reviewed in SoS thusly..."If there can be a DAW that does it all, Samplitude Pro X comes close". My son and I have been a fan since the magazine give away of SE8.

I don't NEED Pro X 3 and I can't really afford it but I always promised myself it IF I got rich so I am going to get it!

I hope I can run it on at least 2 machines. I have an AMD 6core desktop so it will go into that as a starter but love to have on lappy as well.

Will let yous all know the results.

Dave.

I love Soundforge, still my go-to editor for fine tuning. I'm not familiar with the rest of the package but it looks compelling. If this could replace Sonar I'd be able to jump ship over the Winter, a time of the year I have more time on my hands...

Anyone here actually use it?

Got it! I have installed it on my AMD 6core as per' but see no way to get it on the lappy as yet.

I have sent an email to Magix asking for a spare activation. WELL! If you don't ask......?!

Dave. (might be a bit tied up of the next few days chaps!)

Dave, I'm pretty sure that Magix allows 3 activations before you have to contact their support dept.

Quite possibly S' but EXTRA activations? I can see that for the full priced software but maybe they consider one go per $149 generous enough?

Dave.

Anyone here actually use it?

I've been using Samplitude for over 15 years now. I currently run ProX 1. I have ProX 2, but never installed it. These are the non-Suite versions.

The sale gets you ProX 3 Suite, plus the Spectral Layers and iZotope extras, and the Suite version includes a bunch of their virtual instruments...plus now they also include Sound Forge, since they now own it. Oh...with X3 they also have Melodyne...and you get the Birdline skins for X3. I've been using Birdline skins for a bunch of years...they look really good. They were extra $$ in the past...now they are included.

This is a FULL install...so if you have a previous version (like I do) this would be a second install. IOW...you are not combining licenses.
I also believe you can have multiple activations of it on multiple machines. Now in the past, they used a Codemeter stick/dongle, and you moved that from machine to machine. My ProX 1 & 2 are like that (though I can also activate them without the dongle).
With X3 I am pretty sure they did away with the Codemeter (I'm going to find out when I get X3 installed)...so it's done with serial numbers...but I know other guys on the Samplitude forum have mentioned multiple installs.

Anyway...everyone is going nuts on the Samplitude forum...because this is such a crazy deal. In all the years I've been with Samplitude...this is the biggest deal they have ever offered, and it's for a full version, not an upgrade. I've paid $200 just to do an upgrade from a preexisting version.

If they do come out with X4 not too far down the road...you have an inexpensive upgrade path from X3.
There are plenty of good DAWs out there...but Samplitude is certainly a very robust, full-featured DAW system with a lot of extras.

Thanks Miro, I'm very much leaning toward buying this. Mostly because of the price, as you say it's a cheap way to get into the ecosystem (I did the same for getting into Sonar, buying X2 unopened on eBay and upgrading to X3).

A couple short reviews for others interested:

Magix Samplitude Pro X3 |
Review: Samplitude Pro X3 : Ask.Audio

Overview:

YouTube

Only reason I haven't bit yet is my current DAW is fine. I technically don't need to change a thing right now, and functionally don't need anything included with Pro X3. But for future proofing my setup and DAW needs on future operating systems [currently using Win7], this makes a lot of sense.

Don't forget, you also get Soundforge and other stuff.
I have just put a particularly grubby vinyl recording through it (called "What is Good Recorded Sound" clips later) and it has cleaned it up somewhat but I shall try more aggressive settings.

One problem: I cannot play the Demo Song in ProX 3, don't think it downloaded but what I put my Sam3x ser# into Magix's download page it tells me off!

Easily worth 110 quid!

Dave.

Don't forget, you also get Soundforge and other stuff.

I have/use Soundforge 11 already, and pretty much have everything else it includes in some fashion in other VST packages.

Decided to not bite. The price is good and perhaps for someone without the extensive software collection like I have this would be a no-brainer, but I just don't need it.

My son and I have been a fan since the magazine give away of SE8.

Well, I'll be. I started using it when it was Samp 9 on a magazine, free. Now on Pro X3.
I'm waiting to see what ProX4 adds before deciding whether to upgrade.
But to anyone in need of a new daw, £149 is a snip.

John

Well, I'll be. I started using it when it was Samp 9 on a magazine, free. Now on Pro X3.
I'm waiting to see what ProX4 adds before deciding whether to upgrade.
But to anyone in need of a new daw, £149 is a snip.

John

This thread is a weird mix of old and new! For thos that think the Magix offer is TGTBTrue? Not so. I bought the download the firts time and it is all quite Kosher. I hardly use Prox3 but when I open it I get updates quite often (just been a biggy) so they are "looking after us".

£149 is cheap just for such a comprehensive DAW as Samplitude but with all the other stuff? No brainer.

My son LOVES Samplitude (SE8) but lives in France and has unreliable net connection so he bought the DVDs. Said it is great.

Dave.

Back