cpu usage

tomy

hi, i am using a AMD XP 2600+ , 1GB ddrram machine, when i almost finish the song, the cpu usage will grow up around 85%, i want to upgrade now, any good idea??

Well, your almost at the top of your upgrade line already. You could buy the fastest processor and the most ram your motherboard can handle, but the difference probably won't be huge (unless you got some serious ram-hogging stuff running). Buy a mac?

if the cpu usage is running low, then you obviously need to upgrade processors :). You have more than enough ram, so all i would say is get a machine with a bigger processor/s. Have a look at the 64bit machines out? AMD64? Mac G5? Theres plenty out there, just choose whichever your most comfortable with!

Have fun!!

tomy said:
hi, i am using a AMD XP 2600+ , 1GB ddrram machine, when i almost finish the song, the cpu usage will grow up around 85%, i want to upgrade now, any good idea??
How many tracks and plugins are you running to stress out a machine that powerful?

i did around 30 tracks, include midi and audio, and used around 15 effect insert, i think this problem was caused by too many insert, when i switch off all insert, the cpu usage go down to around 50%, i use the software call FX FREEZE, but i dun think it could help......

Last edited:
If you have to use so many plugs, your doin something wrong. Try and plan your work so that you keep plug count low. Also mixing down your tracks are an alternative to a more powerful machine.

Bob

Back