A couple of basic logic questions

ColdAsh

Ive just bought logic gold (with my omni studio) for pc and im still trying to get through the huge manual. Here's my questions. How do i get the click track to come through the head phone through the omni studio? How do i record the midi tracks as wave files?

1st suggestion: get a better card
2. Tie the output of the SB to the input of omni and adjust your SB outputs and omni inputs so you dont clip. Record the audio from SB synth assuming this is what your using.

Thanks for the advice. But i wont be getting a better sound card because im only using mid for timing. BTW which cable should i get?

ColdAsh said:
Thanks for the advice. But i wont be getting a better sound card because im only using mid for timing. BTW which cable should i get?

Oh yeah, I had a brain fart, you have the omni.....duh.....
Anyway, the omni is 1/4 inch in right? And the SB is 1/8 inch line out ? So, a cable with 1/4 on one end and 1/8 on the other.
Im guessing your wanting to record the built in synth sounds from your SB from midi tracks.

Is there anyway to route the click track to an audio channel internaly. I dont know enough about the environment windowyet to figure out if i can do it.

Just bring up the SB's mixer and on the left-hand side will be the record input device. Choose midi from that. Also make sure you have midi chosen from the mute/unmute outputs and adjust the faders. Then you should be able to record on a track in Elogic just fine. If you want to hear a midi click all throughout then just make sure the midi output is unmuted and you should be fine.

ColdAsh said:
Is there anyway to route the click track to an audio channel internaly. I dont know enough about the environment windowyet to figure out if i can do it.

in the arrange view select the midiclick track.. on the left there is a preference setting, should be a pull down menu (click and hold the mouse over it) now select creative blah blah internal synth.. badabing.

Ham On Rye said:

in the arrange view select the midiclick track.. on the left there is a preference setting, should be a pull down menu (click and hold the mouse over it) now select creative blah blah internal synth.. badabing.

Yeah but the delta isnt in that menu because it doent have any midi capabilities. Its there any way to get a cable going from the click track to an audio channel so i can record it it it will play back on my omni sutdio. If anyone has done this id realy apprecaite a pic of your environment window to show me how its done.
Cheers

Hey coldash...

to get MIDI data to play back through the Delta66/Omni just do this:

in the windows control panel open the sounds and audio devices dialog box. Click on the audio tab or the tab where you specify the devices. For audio playback have the Delta66 Multichannel selected. For MIDI playback select the Microsoft GW Wavetable SW Synth. This is windows' internal MIDI synth. the output will be routed to the Delta66 Multichannel or out 1/2 or whatever you have the audio output set to.

In Logic, you may have to set it up there too... where you select your devices in logic, set the MIDI out the microsoft GW wavetable or whatever the internal windows MIDI synth is called on your system (not the SB live) and the MIDI output to nothing.

now any MIDI data (such as a click track) will be played with the internal microsoft GW wavetable, whose audio (not MIDI) output is routed to the Delta66.

easy trick to play back audio generated from MIDI data through the Delta66 or any other card not capable of MIDI for that matter.

The sounds of the GW wavetable are not the best MIDI sounds, but they are fairly decent and serve their purpose.

Would the fact that i think my main out put is my soundblaster because i play games and watch DVDs too be the reason that midi is coming out the sound blaster?

Back