Copy Paste a few bars in Reaper WITH Crossfade?

idkDude

Ok. I have a simple drumbeat on a single track done externally and transferred into reaper. Only a few bars could be synced up with the metronome. So I am copy and pasting the synced up bars to make up the rest of it so I can extend the song and have it all in time with the metronome. After I paste, it sounds a little clunky. I added a crossfade and it covers it sufficiently. BUT when I try to copy the bars to extend the song and include the crossfade, the cross fade doesn't copy over with it. How do I get it to do that? I'm new to Reaper so I'm still very much learning as I go.

Here's a trick that has many uses in Reaper. Select the section you want to copy. Right click and choose "create region from selection."

You'll notice a tab has appeared at the top of music area of the screen. You can grab that tab and drag the region around, copy it with Ctrl+left click. You can right click on the tab to name the region, give it its own color, etc. All the formatting, markers, and so on move and copy with the region.

Make sure you have selected the "Snap enabled" button in the upper left, so that when you copy the region it will stay aligned with your measures.

Also - copy the full track to another one and then 'glue' that one together, you should then be able to copy it as 1 piece.

I'm not familiar with regions yet. I'll give it a try. I was under the impression that I could copy/paste these bars to make 9 bars, along 5 tracks of other instruments below it. Then I could make a regioon of this whole 9 bar section including the 5 other tracks and use it as a verse part to be repeated throughout the song. Is that the case? Do things ge screwey when there's a region within a region?

Actually the crossfade still sounds crappy. Any suggestions for how to fix a clunky copy/paste job? It's got a really quick awkward obvious 'bum-bum' bassdrum where the bars repeat. I'd really like to preserve the beat if I can.

There's a ride cymbal throughout the beat that complicates it. But, it's a sort of warbley fx electronic sounding ride cymbal so it seems like it could be manipulated as well. The bassdrum glitch is so slight it seems like there has to be a way.

IF there's any place in the loop with that cymbal (and no other sound), you can copy it back into the cut place by itself.

Back