Converting a 24-bit/48kHz down to CD Quality 16-bit/44.1kHz within Logic Audio 5???

pisces7378

I have been trying to bounce a 16 track Logic Audio song down to one single stereo .wav file. At first I was bouncing them down to a 24 bit .wav file, and it sounded fine in a Windows MediaPlayer type application but when I burned it to CD is had a robotic digital noise type crap added during the burning process. And then I finally got smart and bounced it down to 16 bit .wav. Then the noise was STILL there.

I record via the Delta-66 into my Logic Audio Platinum 5. And I record at a 24-bit resolution and a 48kHz sampling rate. Now, I know that CD audio is 16-bit/44.1kHz. In Logic Audio, when I go to the Track mixer to bounce down the selected tracks to one stereo .wav file, it asks which bit resolution I want to use (24 or 16 bit). However I do not recall ever seeing anything about converting the sampling rate to 44.1.

Does the software just assume that I want 44.1 and during the bouncedown it is converting it to 48kHz? How am I supposed to get a 24-bit/48kHz track down to 16/44.1?

And would dithering help me eliminate my robotic sounding digital noise?

Sorry for responding to my own thread so soon. But I just think this is a pretty simple question and I want to make sure that it stays on your screens until someone responds. Not trying to be an impatient jerk. I just am a bit frustrated.

Thanks guys,

mike

You could mix it down to 2 tracks in Logic. Then, once it is down to 2 tracks, you can use your editing program to dither it down to 16/44.

Hopefully, that'll will help you. ;)

peace......

I don't have an editing program. I just have Logic Audio Platinum. All I want it to downmix 12 or so tracks recorded at 24/48 down to 1 single stereo wav file that is CD qual. 16/44.1.

I am not wanting to master anything, or add any full song effects. Just simply burn a CD with one fresh out of Logic song on it. Rough mix, with no mastering. Just something to be able to listen to it in a normal CD player.

Ok ok you caught me. I want to send it to my mother.
:)

Last edited:
Pisces, you really, really, really NEED an editing program. Sooner or later you'll have a problem your multitracker won't solve. I'm not very familiar with Logic, but you may have already found one.

I appreciate everyone's concern for my lack of an editor program. Any suggestions would be appreciated. However in the man time... could somone please help me out by giving me a few suggestions on how to acheive this without an editor...?

Thanks guys,

Mike

P.S. This is my 500th post on this magnificiant website.

GOD I need a life!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

On my lite version of Logic you have to hit the Bounce button on the master buss. This will prompt you for file format and name. It will then play the song in realtime and save it to disk. I usually do this with my finished 2 track master.

If you have a dither plugin you can put that on the master buss otherwise there is no dithering. I'm not sure if the process is different for that.

Back