Controller surface - M-Audio Projectmix vs Mackie MCUPro

Treskalle

Hey. Tried searching for some relevant threads about these two controller, but since the M-Audio is also a interface, they fall in seperate categories.

Me and my band, with me as technician/producer/everythingman going to record our debut album, starting recording next week. We're planning spending alot of hours mixing and recording, and since I fell in love from the first time I used a controller surface(003 on PT at school), we're might planning getting one. Since I'm a real gearlut (I actually don't want to be) it came down to these two surfaces; M-audio's Projectmix IO and Mackie MCU.

Prices:
The M-Audio is about 350 dollar (calculated from Norske kroners) and the Mackie is for about 870 dollar. Both the units are used. (The MCU is 4 years old and the projectmix I have no idea).

Wich should I get? I might not buy any, because of my financial situation and the album will cost some money as well. Anyways, I want your opinions overall as well as these subjects under:

- The faders and the feeling of them.
- Driver update and compatibility for pc/software (I'm going to use Reaper).
- Maybe support in the future as well.
- How easy they are to configure.

If I had the money I think I would buy the Mackie, because it looks so awesome and have the extra display over the "master"-section and the overall look is a bit more pro(is it more pro?).

Thanks in advance!

Back