control audio source input and output levels with midi

Dans Klimkowski

Hi, I’m looking for a way to control the source levels of my audio input sources and output levels with midi or some other kind of remote. Could you please help?

I’m using a Focusrite 18i20 scarlet interface and it works great, but I need to move the knobs on the interface to change any of my input volumes. There are several different locations in my studio where play music while streaming live and I want to be able to change the source levels of the microphones and instruments from wherever I am, without needing to stop and walk to the interface.

Is there any way to control the volumes of the input sources with a midi controller? I called up Focusrite and they said that there isn’t for this interface, but I’m wondering: are there are any external devices, third party solutions, DIY hacks or different interfaces that do allow this kind of remote control? A way to control it with midi would be best, but I’m open to whatever type solution.

Also, I’m planning to purchase a headphone amplifier to increase my headphone volume and would like to be able to control this remotely as well (preferable with midi) . Is this possible? Or do i need to purchase a special kind of headphone amp that has a remote functionality built in with the hardware?

Thanks, Dan

Back