Considering T-Racks All-In Bundle. Best plugin value (26) for $500? Your Opinion...

Dearborn

Hi, I use reaper and am a hobbyist/could be serious, recording artists. I've used T-racks deluxe in the past and liked it well enough and am demoing all of their new ones now cause their having a new years sale that I came across. I only use reaper and free plugins now, so I thought the current sale could be a good value for the vintage emulation plugins. I haven't been following the usual T-racks prices though.

Can anyone speak on T-racks quality and value comparative to other options. UAD is out because of the hardware requirements limited by mobile recording, and I'd rather not have to take up a USB with a iLok. If you had no commercial plugins, what would you get the most value from for $500? The sale ends in a week so I wanted to get your opinions.

Thanks,

-Chris

TRacks came bundled with my Amplitube package. I used it a few times but didn't find it to be anything special. I love Amplitube fwiw. I ended up uninstalling it several months ago, and until your post, had forgotten I even had a license for it. But my situation as a Sonar user is different, since most of the function the TRacks plugins were offering come in some comparable form for free with Sonar. Either way, to answer your question, no I wouldn't pay for TRacks. The free plugins available are just as good. That's probably why they offer TRacks at such a steep discount.

I've focused my plugin cash on a few that were/are important to me - VST for my guitar, and quality compression. Amplitube has been stellar for my guitar needs, and Waves L3 Multimaximizer gets a lot of use (as do a few other compression plugins like C6 I got with my particular Waves bundle). I'd suggest the same, many companies allow you to buy plugins a la carte, so you don't necessarily need to buy an entire bundle if you already know what you want/need.

Back