Is this computer worth it? MUST KNOW TODAY!

It looks like a nice system. Would I buy it, no. Couple of reasons:

AMD Quad - I would have to get comparisons for a Quad. If it were 6+, then yes. I like AMD, but usually I can get a faster (or close to) CPU than Intel for less money. Not sure how this CPU performs.

HD - it doesn't show RPMs. 2TB at anything less than 7200 will be slow. Now, if you took this unit, added a 480ish SSD (around $150ish), probably would take you a long way. Use the 2 TB for archive. That would sustain you for a long time. Still, you may have to manager resources if your plu in count gets high.

I have never been concerned for a refurb. Do a burn in, run it as much as you can for a week or two, it it hold up after that, it is usually safe. I've had pretty good luck so far.

It looks like a nice system. Would I buy it, no. Couple of reasons:

AMD Quad - I would have to get comparisons for a Quad. If it were 6+, then yes. I like AMD, but usually I can get a faster (or close to) CPU than Intel for less money. Not sure how this CPU performs.

HD - it doesn't show RPMs. 2TB at anything less than 7200 will be slow. Now, if you took this unit, added a 480ish SSD (around $150ish), probably would take you a long way. Use the 2 TB for archive. That would sustain you for a long time. Still, you may have to manager resources if your plu in count gets high.

I have never been concerned for a refurb. Do a burn in, run it as much as you can for a week or two, it it hold up after that, it is usually safe. I've had pretty good luck so far.

Thanks guys...I doubt I'm going to get it. It does list the HD as 7200 RPMs when looking at specs (you have to click on the "I Want One" button to see). Either way, I will likely hold out for one with better processing.

Thanks guys...I doubt I'm going to get it. It does list the HD as 7200 RPMs when looking at specs (you have to click on the "I Want One" button to see). Either way, I will likely hold out for one with better processing.

Yea, that would be my biggest concern, can you grow into it. You don't want to buy the thing then find out you have to upgrade again in a year. But going the desktop route will save you money for sure.

Eh. It's alright. Not terrible, but you could build one marginally better for the same money. It looks like you'll still need to buy a monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc.

Eh. It's alright. Not terrible, but you could build one marginally better for the same money. It looks like you'll still need to buy a monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc.

It comes with mouse and keyboard, but I've got all that stuff anyway...just looking for a more powerful tower than what I've got. Anyone know what it takes to upgrade to a SS hard drive?

I agree with Steen. You might need an adapter to hold it, but they are so light and small. I would first check to see if there is already a space for it. Usually it is just a matter of cloning the old HD and going. Making sure that the SSD is your boot drive.

If you clone the HD, takes about maybe an hour. Worth doing it now, I have seed some nice 480GB on Amazon for about $130. If you use the 480 for OS, Apps and primary working drive, use the HD for storage, should last a long time for storage as long as you are not doing video.

Thanks guys! That gave me enough to go on. I looked a little more into the process, it seems fairly simple.

Back