Computer monitor placement

strat65

I recently re-arranged my studio to accomodate a second 19" monitor. My Mackie 24x8 is now to my left on a solid-core door. I have my computer keyboard & computer monitors on the same door right infront of me. Behind the computer monitors (and behind the door) and to each side I have my Alesis Monitor Two speakers(mid-field, should be about 4'-5' away) and on top of them smaller speakers.
Problem now is that I am having a HARD time hearing depth in the middle of mixes. If I stand up a little (just higher than the computer monitors) the mix is full again in the center. So I guess I can't have my computer monitors in between and in front of my Alesis speakers. :confused: How do you guys place your computer monitors in relation to your speakers? Thanks.

I stick my computer monitor right in between my studio monitors (and a little in front of them). That way I'm seeing and hearing my work at the same time. Wouldn't make sense doing it any other way. But I am mixing in the box all the way to the end, with no physical mixers or control surfaces.

RhythmRmixd said:
I stick my computer monitor right in between my studio monitors (and a little in front of them). That way I'm seeing and hearing my work at the same time. Wouldn't make sense doing it any other way. But I am mixing in the box all the way to the end, with no physical mixers or control surfaces.

Im the same way but I do have a large mixer and a Mackie control universal , the mixer is to the right of me so I can have my control surface in front of me. my monitors are on the ouside of my two 19" video screens

Back