Computer hardware advice

Isaac Cadete

Hi
I need an expert advice.
Unfortunately computers are now pretty expensive in my country and we can't also get some devices from the others countries, so I'm building a computer for home studio to use my Presonus Studiolive 16.0.2.
Motherboard: GeForce6100PM-M2 (V2.0)

Can I work with this one if added pretty good memories, with the Cubase 5 or latest version? although is DDR2-800
Can I get a good performance with new latest music production/recording software?

Hi
I need an expert advice.
Unfortunately computers are now pretty expensive in my country and we can't also get some devices from the others countries, so I'm building a computer for home studio to use my Presonus Studiolive 16.0.2.
Motherboard: GeForce6100PM-M2 (V2.0)

Can I work with this one if added pretty good memories, with the Cubase 5 or latest version? although is DDR2-800
Can I get a good performance with new latest music production/recording software?

FAR better PC men than I will be along but. That is a Firewire mixer/AI and, AFAICT that MOBO does not have any FW ports? The specification also does not appear to mention "1394" support. I am sure it would work with a FW PCI card but the people to ask would be Presonus?

My limited knowledge suggests to me that to run all those channels you are going to need a fairly high specc machine? I would think i5 minimum and no less than 8G of ram. The main OS and DAW software I would put on an SSD, something around 240G is not that expensive and you can use a cheap 7200 1TB drive for backup and storage.

And maybe I missed it but, which problematic country?

Dave.

A Phenom II X6 with 8GB might be adequate, but this appears to be kinda old tech hardware and for doing multitrack I would think you'd want something newer as ecc suggests.

It doesn't appear to work with anything more than 4GB:

ECS > GeForce6100PM-M2 (V2.0)

* (Due to the DRAM maximum size is 2GB at present, the memory maximum size we have tested is 4GB)

This thing has "Vista compatible" as its selling point. That would be 2008 era stuff. It's a roll of the dice if it can keep up.

Back