Comparing Studio One to Mixcraft and Ableton Live

I'm using Studio One, in my own primitive way, and I would like the opinion of anyone who is familiar with S1 and Mixcraft and/or Ableton: how do either of the two compare to S1 as regards ease of use?

(I use both real and virtual instruments, with fairly traditional pop/rock songwriting.)

Thanks for any feedback.

Well, this won't be much help but I've just gotten back into Ableton after a LONG hiatus and it definitely has a learning curve. It's very powerful... and kind of kicking my a**. I intend to purchase an Ableton Push but I'm waiting for the price to drop below $500.

No, that is helpful. I have a copy of Ableton Lite which I have not installed yet, because just test-driving it would take a week out of my life. I had read comments to the effect that Ableton was easier than putting on socks and underwear, so I'll take those will an ounce of salt.

No, that is helpful. I have a copy of Ableton Lite which I have not installed yet, because just test-driving it would take a week out of my life. I had read comments to the effect that Ableton was easier than putting on socks and underwear, so I'll take those will an ounce of salt.

Well, to be fair, putting on socks and underwear could be extraordinarily difficult for me. I'm committed to Ableton and I can certainly see it's power. I was using Sony Sound Forge, but comparing that to Live is like comparing a economy two-door to a crew-cab pickup... the pickup carries a lot more.

Back